On behalf of professor Andrew Curran Director of Research, Chief Scientific Adviser and Head of Science and Engineering Profession
The 2022 HSE Annual Science Review Launch Seminar is delighted to invite you to join them for a lunchtime seminar event to hear about the ways their science and evidence is being used to protect people and places, helping everyone lead safer and healthier lives.
In a series of ‘lightning’ talks our scientists and engineers will briefly introduce you to their work on: COVID-19, supporting and enabling a safe transition to hydrogen in the gas network, building safety, The Biopesticide Network, and asbestos exposures (see below for more details).
Date: Wednesday 22nd June, 13.00-13.45 BST
Location: Online (MS Teams)
Please note: This event will be recorded, captioned and made widely available via our website after the event.
Please register for free in advance for this meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information about joining the meeting.
The 2022 HSE Annual Science Review will be launched shortly at this link in tandem with the seminar.
Introduction: Andrew Curran
5 Lightning talks
- Reducing work-related ill health: COVID-19 ‘double act’ from PROTECT and HSE research. COVID-OUT: investigating workplace outbreaks of COVID-19 – research, legacy, preparedness, and COVID in the workplace. Speaker: Yiqun Chen. A human cough simulator for assessing face shield protection against COVID-19 droplets, speaker: Paul Johnson
- Enabling industry to innovate safely, supporting the move towards net zero: Supporting and enabling a safe transition to hydrogen in the gas network: experimental and modelling evidence informing the Winlaton trial / Enabling a transition to hydrogen in the gas network. HSE researcher Mark Pursell and ED specialist inspector Diane Kerr
- Building Safety: Preliminary identification of potential serious incident scenarios for high-rise buildings. Speaker: Ed Corbett
- Chemical regulation: The Biopesticide Network, Chemicals Regulation Division: Supporting biopesticide approval in the UK. Speaker: Lisa Moakes
- Maintaining GB’s record as one of the safest countries to work in: Understanding asbestos exposures to workers in the licensed asbestos removal industry. Speaker: Daniel Barrowcliffe
Q & A session moderated by Mary Trainor