In January 2018, the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) requested for cooperation among the PEROSH institutes in the field of non-visual effects of light.
An European workshop on “Light and Health at Work” was held on 23 and 24 May 2018 in Dortmund, Germany. Scientists of PEROSH institutes joined from:
- Denmark (National Research Center for Work Environment – NFA);
- The Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO);
- the Polish Central Institute for Occupational Safety and Health – National Research Center (CIOP-PIB);
- the BAuA;
- the Public Health England (PHE);
- the Institute for Occupational Health and Safety of the German Social Accident Insurance (IFA).
Activities in fields of non-visual effects of light and circadian research were presented and ways towards closer cooperation and joint research activities have been discussed.
Following the workshop, the European scientific network Non-Visual Effects of Light (NoVEL) was founded. The aim of the network is to share information on research activities of the network’s institutions and to carry out larger joint research projects. The new network is coordinated by the BAuA.